Nonimmigrant Visas Results Oriented, Client Focused

Sherman Oaks Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney

Helping You Visit, Learn, and Work in the United States

Immigration visas are for those who intend to live and work permanently in the United States. If you are only seeking to visit, do business, study, or otherwise temporarily stay in the country, you will need a nonimmigrant visa.

Nonimmigrant visas can be presented at the border to permit entry for a set amount of time and for defined reasons, like for education or work. There are numerous types of nonimmigrant visas, and our Sherman Oaks nonimmigrant visa attorney Anaida Zadykyan at Zadykyan Law can assist you in identifying which you qualify for and advise on the most reliable path to obtaining one.

Start a free consultation to learn more about your nonimmigrant visa options. Call (818) 600-6322 or contact us online today. English, Russian, and Armenian-speaking services are available.

What Are The Different Types of Nonimmigrant Visas Available?

There are several different types of nonimmigrant visas available, each designed for specific purposes and categories of individuals. Some common types of nonimmigrant visas are listed below. Continue reading further down the page to learn more about these types of visas.

  • B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa: For temporary visitors for business (B-1) or tourism/pleasure (B-2) purposes.
  • F-1 Student Visa: For individuals who want to study at an accredited U.S. educational institution.
  • H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa: For professionals in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise.
  • J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: For individuals participating in approved exchange programs, such as research, teaching, or cultural exchange programs.
  • L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa: For employees of international companies who are being transferred to a U.S. branch, subsidiary, or affiliate.
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa: For individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
  • TN Visa: Available to Canadian and Mexican citizens under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), allowing them to work in certain professional occupations.
  • E-2 Investor Visa: For individuals from treaty countries who want to invest a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.
  • P-1 Athlete/Entertainer Visa: For internationally recognized athletes, artists, or entertainers who want to perform or compete in the U.S.
  • R-1 Religious Worker Visa: For religious workers who are coming to the U.S. to work for a nonprofit religious organization.

It's important to note that each visa category has specific eligibility requirements and application processes. Consulting with a knowledgeable nonimmigrant visa lawyer at Zadykyan Law can help you understand the requirements and determine the most appropriate visa category for your situation.

How Can I Apply For A Nonimmigrant Visa?

To apply for a nonimmigrant visa, you will need to follow a series of steps and provide the required documentation. Here's a general overview of the process:

  • Determine the appropriate nonimmigrant visa category: There are various nonimmigrant visa categories available, such as tourist visas (B-2), work visas (H-1B), student visas (F-1), and more. Consult with a knowledgeable nonimmigrant visa lawyer to identify the most suitable visa category for your purpose of travel.
  • Complete the online application (Form DS-160): Visit the U.S. Department of State's website and fill out the electronic Form DS-160, providing accurate and detailed information about yourself, your purpose of travel, and your background.
  • Pay the visa application fee: Pay the required visa application fee, which varies depending on the visa category and country of citizenship.
  • Schedule a visa interview: After completing the DS-160 form and paying the fee, schedule a visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. The interview is a crucial step where you will be questioned about your travel plans, intentions, and eligibility for the visa.
  • Gather supporting documents: Prepare the necessary supporting documents, which may include your passport, photograph, evidence of financial resources, employment or education history, and any other documents specific to your visa category. Your nonimmigrant visa attorney can guide you on the specific documents required for your application.
  • Attend the visa interview: On the scheduled date, attend your visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate. Answer all questions truthfully and provide any requested documents. The consular officer will make a decision based on your eligibility and the supporting evidence provided.
  • Visa issuance or denial: If your visa is approved, you will receive your passport with the visa stamp. If your application is denied, you will be informed of the reasons for the denial.

Navigating the nonimmigrant visa application process can be complex, but with the assistance of a skilled nonimmigrant visa lawyer at Zadykyan Law, you can increase your chances of success. Attorney Zadykyan can help you prepare a strong application, guide you through the interview process, and address any legal concerns or complications that may arise.

For personalized guidance and professional representation throughout the nonimmigrant visa application process, contact our experienced nonimmigrant visa attorneys at Zadykyan Law. We offer a free consultation, flexible appointment options including same-day, after-hours, and weekend appointments, and we provide services in English, Russian, Armenian, and Spanish. With years of experience, we are committed to assisting clients in achieving their immigration goals.

Call (818) 600-6322 to schedule a free consultation with Zadykyan Law.

Temporary Business Visas (B-1) and Tourism Visas (B-2)

There are two types of “visitor” visas. If you need to conduct business that will require your temporary entry into the United States, you will need a B-1 visa.

These visas are popular for professionals entering the country for a scheduled convention or conference or to negotiate or close a specific business deal in-person. B-1 visas can also be used for situations where you might need to enter the United States to help settle an estate.

Another type of “visitor” visa is the B-2 tourism visa, which grants beneficiaries the ability to vacation in the United States. They can also be used to procure medical treatment in the country or as a tool to visit friends or family, or for amateurs participating in a competition without pay.

Individuals with Extraordinary Abilities or Achievements Visas (O-1)

A special class of nonimmigrant visas exists for those with exceptional talents or accomplishments. O-1 visas are issued to such individuals to facilitate their participation in an event relevant to their skill in the United States. The visa will typically be valid for the length of time it will take to complete the event but cannot exceed 3 years in total length.

Subcategories of the O-1 visa include O-1A visas for those with abilities in education, business, science, or athletics, while O-2A visas are intended for celebrated artists in the motion picture and television industries. Establishing the “extraordinary” nature of your abilities or accomplishments tends to require a substantial amount of documentation, which often requires the assistance of an experienced visa lawyer.

Continue reading to learn more about P-3 Visa, H-1B Visa, F-1 Visa, J-1 Visa, and more.

Artists, Teachers, and Coaches Visas (P-3)

If you are seeking to perform in or teach or coach artistic performers for a “culturally unique” event in the United States, you will need a P-3 visa. These visas last for the duration of the time it takes to complete the event and can be renewed, if necessary, in 1-year increments. Support staff essential to the performance are also eligible for P-3 visas.

Skilled, College-Educated Work Visas (H-1B)

This popular work visa category enables employers to hire skilled foreign nationals in specialized roles and is commonly used in the tech industry. Defining their expertise typically requires a college degree.

Student Visas (F-1)

F-1 visas are intended for students seeking to study full-time in the United States at an accredited learning institution, popular among those looking to attend college or university in the country. To qualify, you will have to be admitted to a qualifying institution, have sufficient income to support yourself, and demonstrate intentions to return home after completing your education.

Local Office

15206 Ventura Blvd.,
Suite 209
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Exchange Visitor Visas (J-1)

J-1 visas encompass a wide variety of nonimmigrant categories involved in some form of cultural exchange. The length of the visa reflects the length of the approved exchange program.

J-1 visas can help many types of individuals gain temporary access to the United States, including:

  • Teachers
  • Trainees
  • Camp counselors
  • Au pairs
  • Specialists
  • Professors
  • Research scholars
  • Physicians
  • Employees engaging in summer work travel programs
Protecting Your Immigration Rights & American Dream

We Can Assist You with Numerous Types of Nonimmigrant Visas

Obtaining any kind of visa can be a time-consuming, confusing process, and many nonimmigrant visas require especially extensive documentation. Our team can guide you through the application process and advise you on the most practical path to achieving your goals. We are compassionate to your needs and are committed to delivering you results in the most efficient manner possible.

Our Sherman Oaks nonimmigrant visas lawyer at Zadykyan Law can assist you with all of the above visa categories and more. We have experience helping our clients successfully acquire numerous types of nonimmigrant visas relevant to their situation.

No matter your situation, we can help you obtain the nonimmigrant visa you need. Call (818) 600-6322 or contact us online to request your free consultation. We offer services in English, Russian, and Armenian.

Why Hire Zadykyan Law?

  • Individualized Approach

    We take the time to listen, answer your questions and create a tailored strategy to accomplish your goals.

  • Compassionate Representation

    We care about our clients and go the extra mile to ensure every detail is taken care of throughout the process.

  • Affordable & Accessible

    We offer free consultations through phone, video, WhatsApp & Zoom for your convenience and safety.

  • Flexible

    We offer same-day, after-hour, and weekend appointments to meet your busy schedule.

  • Trilingual

    We serve our clients in English, Russian, and Armenian.

Contact Zadykyan Law Today

Creative Strategies for Immigration Issues
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.